Dr. Mirza Baig
IntroductionDr. Baig is excited to have the opportunity to serve our great community. His medical training, research background and clinical practice has led him to take bold steps into the challenging waters of private practice and community based medicine which he finds both thrilling and exciting. His experience, knowledge, and training translates into great stories that he will share with you on this website. We will be updating this site periodically with current news articles regarding the care of neurological patients and invite you to share your knowledge and experiences.
- Undergraduate: University of Maryland College Park, MD
- Medical school: Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Graduate research: National Institutes of Health, NINDS, Bethesda MD
- Graduate school: PhD in Molecular Genetics with emphasis in neuroimmunology
- Neurosurgery training: The Ohio State University, Columbus OH
- Authored 26 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters
- Over 17 oral and poster presentations at National and International Conferences of Neurosurgical Societies and Associations
- 1996-2001 Medical Student Training Scholarship at Howard University
- 1997 Outstanding Student Research Award at Howard University
- 1997 M.D./Ph.D. Fellow Scholarship Rhone Poulenc Rorer
- 1998-2001 Pre-Doctoral Intramural Research Fellow at National Institutes of Health
- 1998 Medical Student Scholarship Award from the American Medical Association Education & Research Foundation
- 1998 Recognition for Research Excellence from Eastern Student Research Forum
- 2001 Excellence in Graduate Research from the National Institutes of Health and the 2001 Scientist Training Award from American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
Dr. Bonaventure Ngu
Orthopedic Spine Surgery
IntroductionDr. Ngu is committed to helping back pain sufferers regain mobility. Dr. Ngu has advanced training and proven expertise in the non-surgical and surgical treatment of a wide range of spinal conditions.The delicate and complex composition of the spine requires the expertise of a specialist. Dr. Ngu, a board certified orthopedic surgeon with fellowship training in spinal surgery, is highly qualified to diagnose and treat a multitude of disorders affecting the cervical (neck) and lumbar spine (lower back). He specializes in relieving back and neck pain resulting from degenerative conditions, deformity, and injuries.
Training & Education
- Undergraduate:University of Maryland
- Medical school: University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Orthopedic training: University of Maryland Medical Center Shock Trauma Center, Baltimore, MD.
- Spinal Surgery training: Leatherman Spine Institute, Louisville, KY.
Additional DetailA member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, North American Spine Society, and Texas Orthopaedic Association. Specialist in Less Exposure Surgery (LES) of the spine.
Dr. Jessen Mukalel
Interventional Pain Medicine
IntroductionDr. Jessen Mukalel Is not your typical pain management doctor. He has a unique style crafted based on relationships he has built with his patients and their needs as well as his own challenges as a pain patient himself. Dr. Mukalel has taken the road less traveled to get him to where he is now. He is an advocate for opioid free pain management by utilizing reversible diagnostic injections to identify pain generators and predict the success of therapeutic interventional procedures. Therapeutic procedures consisting of nerve ablation, neuro-stimulation, percutaneous sacroiliac joint fusions, minimally invasive lumbar decompressions, botox injections, regenerative bone marrow stem cell therapies, and platelet rich plasma therapy and Ketamine infusion treatments. By specializing in a limited range of treatment options, Dr. Mukalel has found that he can offer close to, if not 100% pain relief, without pain medications or steroids. His promise to you is his time, respect, and attention to help you get back to being you.
Training & Education
- Medical School: Saint James School of Medicine, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Doctor of Medicine
- Residency in interventional pain medicine: University Of Illinois-Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, Il
- Fellowship in Chronic Interventional Pain: Florida Spine Institute, Clearwater Florida, Orthopedic Anesthesia and Regional Anesthesia Fellowship at the University of Texas in the Texas Medical Center.
Additional DetailDr. Mukalel is board certified in Anesthesiology.
Dr. Bashir Al Kaddoumi
Dr. Al Kaddoumi offers a complete scope of diagnostic testing, treatments and procedures that range from ultrasonography of the veins and arteries through echocardiography, cardiac stress test to catheterization of the heart and vessels. During procedures, he is taking the most innovative and minimally invasive approaches, such as cardiac catheterization through radial access (wrist) or endovenous treatment of vein disorders. He performs interventions on the heart and vessels at Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Memorial Hermann Cypress Care Center, St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage and Tomball Regional Hospital using state-of-the-art digital cardiac catheterization labs.
Dr. Al Kaddoumi had built his practice on the principle of providing high quality comprehensive cardiovascular care to each patient by offering the most advanced and thorough treatment and take time to answer questions and educate his patients on their condition and the treatment options available.
- Medical School: University of Jordan Medical School,
- Residency in Interventional Cardiology: Cleveland Clinic Foundation-GME
- Fellowship: Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship at University of Texas HSC Houston in Houston, Texas
- Fellowship: Interventional Cardiology Fellowship at Harper University Hospital, Detroit Medical Center, Michigan.
Additional DetailDr. Al Kaddoumi is the only Interventional Cardiologist in the Houston Northwest region to hold Eight Board Certifications: American Board of Internal Medicine. American Board of Cardiovascular Diseases. American Board of Interventional Cardiology. American Board of Vascular Medicine. American Board of Endovascular Interventions. Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology. National Board of Echocardiography. Registered Physician of Vascular Interpretation.
Dr. Irfan Wadiwala
General & Bariatric Surgery
IntroductionCurrently, Dr. Wadiwala is the Director of Bariatric surgery at Spring Hospital which happens to be a “Center of Excellence” for weight loss surgery. Dr. Wadiwala is a fellowship trained bariatric surgeon and formerly the Director of Bariatric surgery at Cyfair Medical Center. After graduating Medical School with Summa Cum Laude at the Western University in Pomona, California; he completed general surgical training at Martin Luther King and Arrowhead Regional Medical center near Los Angeles. He went on to specialize in laparoscopic bariatric surgery training/fellowship was next learned at Penn State Milton Hershey Medical Center in Pennsylvania. As a board-certified general surgeon who specializes in the surgical treatment of morbid obesity, he’s been in practice for over 10 years with thousands of successful bariatric operations with excellent outcomes.
Training & Education
- Undergraduate: Western University in Pomona, California
- Medical school: Martin Luther King and Arrowhead Regional Medical center near Los Angeles
- Bariatric training: Specialized in laparoscopic bariatric surgery training/fellowship at Penn State Milton Hershey Medical Center in Pennsylvania
Additional DetailHe has actively participated in various scientific articles and attended several conferences related to morbid obesity surgery and outcomes during his extensive training, and is a member of organizations such as ASMBS, SAGES, ACOS, HCMS, and TMA.
Dr. Anthony Owusu
Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
IntroductionDr. Owusu has a passion for one on one patient care, treating each patient as an individual. Before recommending surgery, patients will appreciate the fact that he will exhaust all manner of conservative approach first. When surgery is recommended, the Doctor utilizes the most effective advanced minimally invasive techniques used today. Effective treatments and expedient recoveries are at the heart of what motivates Dr. Owusu. Numerous testimonials attest to the instant connection and trust patients feel when being seen in the clinic. Dr. Owusu’s primary language is English, however bilingual staff members are always available to accommodate those who are more comfortable speaking Spanish.
Training & Education
- Medical School: Howard University College Of Medicine, Washington DC
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Fellowship Orthopedic Spine Surgery, specializing in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery: Texas Back Institute, Dallas, TX
Additional DetailOwusu has performed hundreds of spinal procedures and has published and presented industry-leading research in spine surgery
Dr. Ben Cilento
Otolaryngologist/ENT, Head & Neck Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery
IntroductionBenjamin W Cilento, MD, is a Fellowship trained Facial Plastic Surgeon and a member of the elite American Academy Of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Throughout his medical career, Dr. Cilento has trained and worked with leaders in head and neck and facial plastic surgery. He trained with world-renowned leaders in the field such as Craig Murakami, Neal Futran and Sam Most at the University of Washington in Seattle, where he completed his residency. After his residency and during his Navy services he was appointed as the Head of the Department of Otolaryngology at the US Naval Hospital in Asia. After two years in Asia, he was selected for a fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery at Tulane University in New Orleans. Here is studied under Dr. Calvin M. Johnson, Jr., who is credited as changing the way modern rhinoplasty is done. Dr. Johnson created the Open Structure Rhinoplasty procedure.
Training & Education
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York City, NY
- Residency in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery: University of Washington , Seattle, WA
Dr. Cilento served as an assistant professor at the Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) in Norfolk, Virginia for the Department of Otolaryngology. There, he was responsible for the education of residents and medical students. He also served as the Director of Research and won multiple awards for research including:
- American Heart Association Research Grant for Immunologic Research on B-Cell hypermutation
- The Potsic Ferguson Award for the best presentation of a resident at the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings (COSM)
- The John Orlando Roe Award from the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) for his work on the aging face.
Dr. Joseph Baylan
Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Baylan was born and raised in Texas. Through his training, Dr. Baylan gained extensive experience in both reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery. He has worked closely with the leading experts in breast reconstruction, complex microvascular reconstruction, and aesthetic surgery of the face, breast, and body. After completion of his training at Stanford, Dr. Baylan then completed a craniofacial fellowship encompassing both complex adult/pediatric reconstruction and aesthetics at the Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute and Pediatric Plastic Surgery Institute in Dallas, Texas.
He completed his plastic & reconstructive surgery training at the world-renowned Stanford Plastic Surgery program. The program is consistently ranked in the as one of the top medical centers and plastic surgery training programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Training & Education
- Undergraduate: Trinity University
- Medical School: Texas A&M University Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Residency in General Surgery: Texas A&M Health Science Center – Scott & White Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship in Plastic Surgery: Stanford University
Additional DetailDr. Baylan has lectured, published peer-review articles, and written book chapters on a multitude of plastic surgery topics.
Dr. Anita Fulton
IntroductionDr. Fulton is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Upon moving to Texas, she became a member of both the Texas Medical Association and the Harris County Medical Society. She has served as the Department Chair for Women and Children’s Services and Chief Medical Officer for the Women’s Services Division at CHI St. Luke’s Health – The Vintage Hospital in Houston, Texas. Today, Dr. Fulton offers her patients a wide variety of services. After starting her practice as an OB/GYN, she soon saw that her patients were facing a variety of challenges before getting pregnant and after giving birth. She expanded her practice to include medspa services so she could offer more comprehensive treatment. She specializes in obstetrics and gynecology, preventive medicine, and medspa services.
Training & Education
- Undergraduate: Master’s degree in medical management at the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical School: David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology: Martin Luther King Jr. Outpatient Center (formerly known as the Martin Luther King Jr./Drew Medical Center)
- Board Certifications – American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Additional DetailIn 2015, she was voted the top OB/GYN by Houston Magazine.
Dr. Abraham Chacko
IntroductionDr Abraham Chacko has joined Texas Gastro Consultants in 2016. He grew up in Philadelphia, PA where he completed his Bachelors of Science and a minor in Spanish at Villanova University. After college, Dr. Chacko worked in research for a year in the Immunology Department at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Dr. Chacko’s clinical interests include but not limited to chronic GERD and other esophageal disorders, IBS, diseases of the pancreatic and biliary systems, women’s digestive disorders as well as performing advanced endoscopic procedures such as RFA for Barrett’s Esophagus and ERCP. As the world of Gastroenterology is changing daily, Dr. Chacko works hard at staying current with the new advances and technology to provide the most innovative care to his patients. His aspiration is to “provide complete and thorough care to his patients while taking the time to listen to their needs.
Training & Education
- Medical School: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine – Philadelphia, PA
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine – Stratford, NJ
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology: Riverside Medical Center – Kankakee, IL
Additional DetailIn his free time, Dr. Chacko is a family man and loves to spend time with his beautiful wife and children as much as possible. He is an avid sports fan especially college basketball and football. He is very excited to have joined the practice and is looking forward to forming lasting relationships with his patients.